The steps I underwent:
- I had installed Flex Builder 3 beta 2 (FB 3 beta 2) as a plugin on my Eclipse 3.2
- Opened my Flex SWF Library projects inside of Flex Builder 3 beta 2
- Selected Flex 3 M3 (Beta 2) SDK at the dialog (default value)
- Flex Buidler 2 had given me the following error in my log file: (full error info skipped for the sake of text clarity)
- Nevertheless of the received error, I was able to compile ALL my Flex 2 based projects that relies on my Flex SWC Library projects in FB 3 Beta 2
- Then I had reopened my plain Flex projects inside Flex Builder 2 again, because at the company we are using currently Flex Builder 2 for the production.
- But Flex Builder 2 constantly had failed to recompile all Flex SWC Library projects that were previously opened at least once at FB 3 beta2.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempted to beginRule: P/FlexLibrary, does not match outer scope rule: P/as3corelib
My resolution to this issue was to delete manually a config file created by FB 3 beta 2 and located at each Flex SWC library project folder at the following path: